The Nursing Assistant Training Program is structured to prepare the student for employment as a Nursing Assistant or a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA). Students will learn the skills and knowledge needed to provide quality and effective patient care. The program involves classroom (currently offering hybrid class only), and clinical instruction.
During the hybrid program, students will learn:
- Basics of nursing care including the introduction to the systems of the human body, the nature of disease and common health problems.
- How to identify and report patient observations to the nurse. Students will learn how to respond to a variety of patient needs and conditions.
- Key medical terms and communication skills required in a health care setting.
The 112 hour program offers an excellent introduction pathway to the nursing profession. Students may also choose to continue their education in preparation for any of a number of careers in the health care field.
Nursing Assistants may work in wide variety of settings which include long term care nursing facilities, hospitals, adult day care centers, assisted living facilities, or with additional training, home health care facilities, such as foster homes and care homes.
At the completion of the course, students who have met the requirements of program will be eligible to take the Hawaii State Prometric Nurse Aide Certification Examination.
More information about Hawaii State Certification and Recertification Requirements for Nurse Assistants on the Prometric website.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English language
- No records of crimes, arrest, assault of any kind
- Valid photo ID card
- Physical Exam and 2-step TB Clearance (current within 1 year) – NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME
Tuition & Fees
Training Package #1 – $990
- Textbook and supplies
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- American Heart Association CPR AED First Aid or BLS Provider
- Clinical Skills Lab and Practicum
- Student Liability Insurance
Please view application form below to see further breakdown in cost and differences in available packages.
Interested in registering now?
We now have an online registration option! You can click the ‘Apply for a class now’ button to register for this class online and complete full payment with credit card. If you register online, you do not need to fill out the Course Application Form. If you would like to register for this class in-person or make partial payment ($400 initial deposit required), please download and submit the Course Application Form.