We are an Authorized Provider of American Heart Association and American Red Cross. We offer a range of courses that satisfy the job requirements of various employers in Hawaii. All of our courses have easy-to-understand instructions that can be learned by everyone. Our courses are classroom based, instructor led, hands-on training.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. BLS Certification is required for healthcare professionals working within a hospital/healthcare setting such as nurses, physicians, medical assistants, CNAs, EMTs, nursing students, etc.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- 1 and 2 Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- Course meets the requirements for BLS CPR with AHA Certification valid for two years
Length: Varies depending on class size and participant competency
- Initial Provider Course – appx. 4-6 hours
- Renewal Course – appx. 3 hours
- HeartCode® BLS Part 2 (must complete HeartCode® BLS Part 1 Online) – (appx. 2 hours, may be accommodated by appointment)
- Instructor Led Training – Basic Life Support (first time/renewal) – $90.00 (manual included)
- Online/Blended Learning – HeartCode® BLS – Hands-on Skills Testing (Part 2) – $60.00
- HeartCode® BLS is the AHA’s blended learning method for the BLS Course. This course has 2 components. You must complete the online portion first. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session (Part 2) at an AHA training center. (click here for HeartCode BLS Part 1)
Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Manual are based on the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC. You are required to have the current textbook for the Instructor-Led BLS Initial Provider course and BLS Renewal course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here.
Manuals are available for purchase from HSCH for $15. (Textbook not required for HeartCode® BLS Part 1 Online)
American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. Heartsaver CPR and First Aid Certification is intended for the lay responder. Lay responders include (but not limited to): home care operators, police, airline personnel, security personnel, corporate employees, teachers, child care workers, expectant parents, lifeguards, etc.
- Adult CPR and AED use (Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR)
- First Aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Course meets the requirements for adult, child and infant CPR and First Aid with AHA certification valid for two years.
Length: Varies depending on course components (2-4 hours)
Instructor Led Training:
- Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid
- Heartsaver Adult CPR AED and First Aid – $90.00 (manual included)
- Heartsaver Adult CPR AED and First Aid, child CPR AED, and infant CPR – $100.00 (manual included)
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- Heartsaver Adult CPR AED – $70.00 (manual included)
- Heartsaver Adult CPR AED, Child CPR and AED, and Infant CPR – $85.00 (manual included)
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Heartsaver First Aid – $40
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook is based on 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC. You are required to have the current textbook for the classroom-based Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course. Books are available for purchase from HSCH for $5.